Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Review ~ Blindfolded Innocence ~ Alessandra Torre #ShelfLove

Blindfolded Innocence (Innocence, #1)Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre
Innocence #1
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance, Erotic Romance
Source: Kindle Freebie
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges#ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
"I'm not sure what you have been told about me, but I'm not nearly as bad as they make me out to be." His deliciously deep voice carried a little bit of ego.

I'm sure you are exactly as bad as they make you out to be...

Brad De Luca is used to getting whatever and whomever he wants. The premier divorce attorney in town, he's a playboy who's bedded half the city--including his own clients. And when the newest intern at his firm poses a challenge, his seductive prowess goes into overdrive.

Pre-law student Julia Campbell is fresh off a failed engagement and happy with her new independence. Even if she weren't warned away from Brad at every turn, she'd know he was bad news. The last thing she needs is a man who could destroy her job prospects, not to mention her innocence. But before she knows it, the incorrigible charmer has her under his spell. His deviant tastes plunge her deep into a forbidden world of sexual exploration...but her heart may not survive the fall.



Okay, I admit to knowing almost nothing going into this book except that I'd heard good things about it. I'd only read a novella by Torre prior to this one - which I loved - but she's an author I seem to collect. :) Anyway, I enjoyed Blindfolded Innocence. Here's what worked for me and what could have worked better:

What Worked:

  • Premise - Blindfolded Innocence has a very interesting premise. Young pre-law student/intern, despite warnings and her better judgement, gets involved with an attorney in the firm.
  • Character development - Julie and Brad are well-defined and we witness their emotional growth - how they change, or begin to - once they become involved.
  • Sexual exploration - we're along for the ride as Julia explores her sexuality with Brad - her safety net. The journey is interesting, provocative, and we get to see it changing Brad as well.
What Could Have Worked Better:
  • First novel hiccups - Torre's writing wasn't quite as fluid as it becomes later. (I can say this with certainty having read the entire Innocence trilogy as well as another novella from Torre) There were editing issues - mostly the use of wrong words - that stuck out for me.
Overall, meeting Brad De Luca was as exciting as promised and I like the changes I'm seeing in him affected by his interest in Julia.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??